Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Why I haven't posted for 11 months

An email I got from someone via the newly resurrected Atheists Meetup group (Atheist Haven - if you're interested, check it out before the subscription runs out again):

"It was great! You have a web-site for recovering Christians? A pity that you've stopped posting on it."

I was reminded of the existence of this blog, which hasn't been updated since my last post in August last year.

I stopped posting because I was the only one posting here and cross-posted the posts my personal blog anyway. Also, I post semi-regularly on religious issues (not just Christianity, and even Christian-related posts aren't tailored to the theme of "Recovering Christians") on my personal blog anyway. You can check out http://gssq.blogspot.com/search/label/religion if you're interested.

Recent posts include extracts from Dostoevsky's The Grand Inquisitor (from The Brothers Karamazov), a transcript of a newscast on the Onion Radio News on an ex-gay, Paul Tillich on Fundamentalism and an explanation of the strawmen that some apologists attack, like how it was impossible for Jesus to walk on water unles she was the Son of God (which is something contemporary opponents of apologists never bring up)

In any event, the appetite for religious discussion which includes non-theism in Singapore is very small, which probably explains the death of this blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger a said...

"It was great! You have a web-site for recovering Christians? A pity that you've stopped posting on it."

Haha. That was me.

Thursday, October 02, 2008 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger market value from ASP & Rekan said...

dropping simile 44uu, I have read your Bog, following very interesting contents and give me public knowledge.Success for you. I have permission to read the next. I hope you the beautiful day and is always happy and healthy.
http://pondokmaharta.blogspot.com/

Saturday, January 10, 2009 12:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home