Friday, August 12, 2005

More wisdom needed

As a Christian, somehow we still have to use our head to think, I mean, sometimes we just not necessary to listen, or even agree with the sermon.
I still have this vivid memory of what this preacher had been saying in one particular Sunday - and it did make me shake my head so badly.
Basically the sermon was about marriage, and the preacher went - "In a secular world people all have different agenda in life, and that's why they stay single / unmarried until late 30. By the time they got married, they would realise they're unable to have kids as they're too old to have one. As you all can see, this goes against what God said in Genesis - Be fruitful and multiply."
"So here I am saying to you all, as Christians, we should marry early, and multiply."
I looked up to the pulpit, only to realise a lot of the young people (aged 16, 17) looked shocked at the preacher.
So I was thinking, was the reaction simply because the thought was way too challanging, or we just don't like what he said?

Or maybe the main question to ponder on is, how do we know the preacher is preaching the right thing?
As for myself, the answer is wisdom.

4 Comments:

Blogger akikonomu said...

"How do we know the preacher is preaching the right thing?"

You mean you can't challenge the preacher to back up his points after the sermon? What kind of church is that?

Friday, August 12, 2005 5:54:00 PM  
Blogger Agagooga said...

He's not the pope, so he's not infallible :P

Saturday, August 13, 2005 2:21:00 AM  
Blogger naniecheng said...

Even the pope is fallible...no matter how lofty he thinks himself to be.

Saturday, August 13, 2005 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Agagooga said...

I was taking the piss.

Sunday, August 14, 2005 12:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home